Image Navigation

HomeAbout UsPhotosVideosShop

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cinnamon, Sugar & Pie Crust, Oh My!

Pumpkin pie is by far my absolute favorite pie ever.  Banana cream is a close second, but that is beside the point.  I baked up a couple this weekend: one for home, and one for our potluck at work.  I had to buy a special mix for the crust, as one of my coworkers can't tolerate gluten.  The mix ended up making WAY more pie crust than you could possibly use for two pies, so I went to my Dad's tried and true recipe when you have extra pie crust dough.  I think most families have some sort of variation on this...

Start by rolling your extra dough into a rudimentary rectangle.  No need to be too much of a perfectionist for this!  Slater it in butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and white sugar.  The more sugar the better, at least for my taste buds!


Roll it up into a log...


Cut it into what looks like mini cinnamon rolls...


And bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes (or until golden brown).

Do they look perfect?  Nope.


Are they delicious?  Absolutely.


1 comment:

  1. Sitting here with a cup of coffee and I SOOO want to eat some of those with it! A.C

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...