Image Navigation

HomeAbout UsPhotosVideosShop

Monday, November 21, 2011

Too cold to do much of anything...


I admit it, I've been feeling like quite the slacker for the last week.  I blame the weather - it has been cold! Last week started with 30 mile an hour winds (which are rough when it's only 10 degrees out), and progressed to sub zero temperatures.  These were my morning conversations with my dad:

Thursday 
Me: "Hey, guess what the temperature is this morning?
Dad: "8 degrees."
Me: "Nope, five below!  But hey, my car still started!"

Friday
Me: "Hey, guess what the temperature is this morning?
Dad: "5 degrees."
Me: "Nope, ten below!  But hey, my car still started!"

Saturday
Me: "Hey, guess what the temperature is this morning?
Dad: "8 degrees."
Me: "Nope, fifteen below!  But hey, my car still started!  It sounded like a dying animal, though."

Noticing a pattern going on here?  

What do you do when it's that cold?  Why hang Christmas lights outside, of course!  I had to come inside to warm up several times because I was pretty sure I was experiencing the early stages of frostbite.  Probably not my greatest idea, but the house looks so pretty.  Maybe I'll some get pictures of it for Wednesday - I am NOT going out there to get any tonight!

I also noticed that the guest bedroom window has a nice sheet of ice on the glass.  On the inside.  Probably not a good thing.  It's not even that cold in there - that's the really scary part.


1 comment:

  1. You can always come to El Paso to warm up a bit! :D Can't wait to see your house all lit up and ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...