Image Navigation

HomeAbout UsPhotosVideosShop

Monday, September 19, 2011

Hotels seem to be losing their allure...

Well here we are, back in a hotel - this time in Eagle River.  We opted to find a place closer to Anchorage as it is likely that I will be starting work before we will be able to move into the place we'll be renting.  Most of the inexpensive hotels in Anchorage seemed a bit too shady for my tastes, so staying about 30 minutes away is fine with me.  I am glad I had the last couple of months off of work, because now I am SO ready to go back.  I'm not sure I can handle watching any more television...  Of course, the time off would be so much easier if I was in my own space with my various projects and crafts.

I am so nervous that the house we plan to rent will fall through, but I don't really have any reason to believe that other than my paranoia that things won't actually improve.  We're waiting for it to be repainted and have a few minor cosmetic issues fixed, but we were told it will be ready at the end of the week.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!


I took this photo last night, which was our last night housesitting for Karl's cousin.  The moon seemed huge!  There's so much less light pollution up here that it really makes the night sky seem that much more brilliant.  It's also getting colder and colder at night, which usually means the clouds are starting to clear just a bit.  I can't wait until I get to take photos of the Northern Lights!  That will be the one thing to look forward to when we hit subzero temperatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...