Image Navigation

HomeAbout UsPhotosVideosShop

Friday, September 9, 2011

Things just might be looking up...

I'm finishing out this week on a pretty good note.  I had two second interviews yesterday and I am so hopeful that at least one of them will turn into a job offer.  My references were called about five minutes after I walked out of the office for one of my interviews, so I think that's a good sign!  After about two months off of work, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.  Aside from being able to apartment hunt as soon as I have a source of income, I'm REALLY looking forward to getting to talk to people other than Karl!

Karl's had some luck with job interviews as well, and has several more coming up.  The direction he goes will really depend on whether I'm hired somewhere before him.  We've applied for jobs over a relatively large geographical region, and we'd like to work somewhat close together so we have more options in where to live.

We're currently housesitting for Karl's cousin, and it is so nice being in a place that feels so home-y and welcoming.  Pictures on the wall, knick knacks all around, a big fuzzy blanket on the couch - These things were sorely missing at Karl's dad's house and I never realized what an impact that can have on your mental well being.  I cannot wait to decorate my own place!

I had a friend ask me whether I enjoyed living in Alaska.  I had trouble answering, because it still doesn't really feel like I LIVE here.  I don't think I'll really know until I feel like I've been able to settle in.  Here's hoping that's sooner rather than later!

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend - Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...