Image Navigation

HomeAbout UsPhotosVideosShop

Friday, June 17, 2011

Lily of the Valley Soap

This soap turned out great!


Too bad I can't say the same about the first batch...  My soap mold clamps together on the sides, but is a little bit loose.  I've never had a problem with it, until now...  I had just poured the soap (could tell the swirl was going to be AWESOME) and picked up the mold to carry it into the laundry room to sit over night.


And then the side fell off.

And then there was 4 pounds of liquid sloppy soap all over the side of the fridge and the kitchen floor. 

Oh, and let's not forget that it's not fully saponified at this point, so I have some awesome lye burns all over my hands now from cleaning it up.  Granted, I could have waited until it became a bit more soap-like and way easier to clean up, but I was terrified Willow would come in and try to eat it.  Yes, she can definitely be that dumb.


Well let's look on the bright side - My kitchen floor is SO clean right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...