Image Navigation

HomeAbout UsPhotosVideosShop

Monday, March 28, 2011

Don't ya wanna come visit already?

So, to start getting people excited to come visit me in Alaska, here's a glimpse of one of the places I'll take you for some yummy food with an even better view:

This is the view from inside the Long Rifle Lodge, which is located along the Glenn Highway and overlooks the Matanuska Glacier.  This glacier is 27 miles long by 4 miles wide!  This photo doesn't even come close to doing the glacier justice.  It's a little over an hour from Wasilla, and is the most gorgeous drive (although to be fair, every road trip we took ended with "that was the best scenery EVER!").

On the topic of food, anyone have any good ideas for road trip food?  We'll be in the car for 8 days and eating every meal out is just not a feasible option, and I will not be eating granola bars three meals a day for a week.  My typical road trip fare consists of a pound of bulk candy and some Cheetos.  Sufficient for a six hour drive - probably not so much for a week.  Any thoughts?  We'll have a cooler, and I'm hopeful that we'll be able to use our grill at the campsites.

2 comments:

  1. Looks as though we're both going to be planning cross-country moves soon (though your destination is so much more picturesque)! So when can Sammy and I come visit? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you going??? Cross country means not cross world, right? And I will be taking reservations as soon as Karl and I get an apartment of our own!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...