Image Navigation

HomeAbout UsPhotosVideosShop

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Boating on Big Lake

After putting a new carburetor on the ocean boat, we had to test it out before it hit the high seas.  Best option?  Head on over to Big Lake, about half an hour away.  There's no question as to how this lake got it's name - it's huge!


Big Lake seems to be a great place for all types of recreational activities and we saw people sailing, jet skiing, water skiing, and even the occasional float plane.


There's even a little man-made beach by the boat launch.  I stuck my toes in the water and, while it was a bit cold for my liking, it was definitely swimmable. Maybe once my Pennsylvania skin toughens up a bit I'll be swimming in Alaska!


We were even greeted by some friendly ducks as we went to leave!


I love boats and the water, so I was in heaven!  Who would have though that the water I'd end up near would be in Alaska?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...