Image Navigation

HomeAbout UsPhotosVideosShop

Monday, August 1, 2011

A Trip to Hatcher Pass


Hatcher Pass is one of my favorite places in Alaska and it's less than a 30 minute drive away.





We decided to go for a drive and see the whole thing, as we weren't able to last year.  Hatcher Pass is one of several areas that is not maintained through the winter, so big gates close a large portion of the road from about October through early June each year.  It felt like we were driving straight into the clouds as we headed up the mountain!


We hoped to find some blueberry patches so we'd know where to look when they're ripe in a few weeks, but no such luck.  The wildflowers were almost as fun!



Willow seemed to like the scenery, and enjoyed her mid-afternoon drink of fresh mountain water.


This is Summit Lake, aptly named as it is at the top of the pass.  Beautiful green waters, as seems to be the case everywhere in Alaska!


I can't wait until the blueberries are ripe and we get to head back - from what I hear, we'll be collecting more blueberries than we'll know what to do with!  Sounds like more jam to me!

5 comments:

  1. I was wondering how Miss Willow was adapting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is green the right color for water?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think gorgeous Caribbean beaches - that's the green I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are one lucky, lucky lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank you! I still think "holy crap I LIVE here?!?" on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...